Mind Body and Trauma

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
troebia
Issues: anxiety, nightmares, depression
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Mind Body and Trauma

Post by troebia »

MF, glad you have positive vibes in spite of the breakup. Getting out and about is probably a good thing for you as long as it doesn't become compulsive and stressful. I'm a "slow" person myself so anything that involves going to more than two places in a day meeting different people feels draining :roll:
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety

Post by manuel_moe_g »

God bless it, update from Mental Fairy!

Someday I too will come to grips with the fact that life is too short to spend with a spouse who sees all of my gifts as terrible liabilities

I will work to turn this chart into me setting boundaries around safe communication with my wife

"relationship skills we should all keep working on" @drelizabethfedrick
FB_IMG_1725930406699.jpeg (95.79 KiB) Viewed 316 times
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
Mental Fairy
Issues: Recently sleep walking increased. History of anxiety depression
preferred pronoun: She

Post by Mental Fairy »

Hi Guys.

Adore you both so much for your kindness.

I’m struggling to keep my head up some days. Only thing that gets me through is planning my next adventure.

Speaking of adventure, Soral a dear friend of Donya and I, is going to join us on the mountain this weekend. Soral doesn’t know it yet but we have a surprise in store for her. Her battle with Parkinson’s has taken a toll, we are all similar in age and all desperate to make each day count. Last weekend Soral spent four days at a Parkinson’s conference. Let’s just say it was a mix of emotions to come soon after. Donya, myself and a long life friend of mine are going to lug a bunch of ingredients up the hill on Friday night. I will start the prep on the menu and formulate a three course dinner for us all.
Donya is going to pick up Soral Saturday morning and guide her to a lodge she’s never stayed before. Yes, she is a park ranger and looks after people on the mountain, but there is one trail Soral has never done. So after they arrive on Saturday we will carry on around the south face and take Soral on an after walk to watch the sun go down on the south side. Then return to dinner and desert tasting.

As we have all been so down in the dumps we are going to try to refill our cups. I am hoping this pans out nicely as I’ve also got a telescope so we can look at the stars from altitude with Donya. Something she has never done. It is going to be a night of firsts for us as it’s Soral’s first time, Donya’s first time on the trail and my first time having such beautiful friends in my life. Never had friends like this before.

We all fight our own battles, just so happens we can fight them together on a united front.
troebia

Post by troebia »

It sounds delicious, comforting, healing... What I would give to have friends like that! :romance-heartbeating:
Mental Fairy

Post by Mental Fairy »

Hi team

Back off the hill. Had my fix of altitude and clean oxygen.

Come home to a very confronting ex husband who had booked a storage shed to store the things he wants to keep. Immediately I felt sick. The day we are apart for good the better. I’m not sure I can take much more.

I have learnt that psychological abuse to so hard to process. Please don’t take this the wrong way but some days I wish he would just be physical and get it over and done with. Words can hurt more than actions.
Mental Fairy

Post by Mental Fairy »

Been in bed all afternoon crying non stop. Grief of divorce is incredibly painful. My ex husband wants to reconcile if I cut the mountain out of my life and all the people I go with. I feel so torn.
troebia

Post by troebia »

Mental Fairy wrote: September 15th, 2024, 10:12 pm My ex husband wants to reconcile if I cut the mountain out of my life and all the people I go with.
So, he wants to lobotomize you and live with a zombie?
Mental Fairy

Post by Mental Fairy »

It looks that way. Everyone keeps pointing out how happy I am and confident being back on the hill. Then I get home and I shrink down. I miss affection and embrace but I don’t miss the control. Basically I have to pick between my outdoors and him.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety

Post by manuel_moe_g »

I would never dream of making my wife shrink small and be less-than, and have her give up something she loves just so I could prove I was in control
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
Mental Fairy

Post by Mental Fairy »

It’s so confusing and frustrating

Return to “PTSD”